Last modified on Monday, 01 October 2012
Analysis - Consulting - Implementation
The focus of my work is to realize usable, customer-driven solutions where technology is only the tool to implement.
I preferrably use FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) .
with support from companies such as IBM, HP, Sun and Google, the quality of FOSS in recent years has become so good that you can safely use FOSS.
This is confirmed by the results of a study by the University of Maastricht in behalf of the EU Commission, entitled "Economic impact of open source software on innovation and the competitiveness of the information and Communication Technologies (ICT) sector in the EU" of 20.11.2006. '
According to the study, Free and open source Software provides many potentials for growth, competition and innovation in Europe
The benefits of FOSS.
- royalty-free, cost-saving
- enormous community of users
- quality assurance is based on the "many eyes see more than two"
- vendor independent (no vendor lock-in)
- the source code you can adjust
- consulting in software solutions
- advice on the choice of hardware
- design, installation and maintenance of networks
- advice and planning in the development of security policies
- project management in the implementation of IT systems
- change management
J.C.Ph. van Leeuwen